Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I have a problem...

I have a serious problem. Some might call it an eating disorder, I call it a workout disorder.

I cannot workout without thinking about how I am going to reward myself with food, after my workout. Usually it is just a 100 calorie pack of cookies from Trader Joe's. Sometimes it goes as far as deciding to get ice cream that evening, then the rest of my run is taken up by weighting the benefits and differences of mint chip vs cookie dough ice cream.

But today, I hit a new low. I was starting my 30 minute walk when I went by my favorite sushi restaurant. I walked in and picked up a takeout menu. I read the menu throughout my entire 30 minute walk. All the way from Armitage and Halsted to Halsted and North (and back) I pondered what sounded better, crab rangoon or shrimp and tofu egg rolls. Do I prefer tuna/avocado maki or namassake maki?

I highly recommend ShineMordia. I will work on my disorder...but what is wrong with rewarding yourself, everyday, after you complete a routine task?

2 Comments:

At August 23, 2007 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Lou said...

Ummmm... crab rangoon. I didn't know Shine changed it's name? Where have I been? Oh yeah... Tank ;).

I think if your usual "reward" is sushi or a 100 calorie pack of crackers from TJ's, you're probably doing OK.

 
At August 29, 2007 at 6:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's weird, I do the same thing... but it's a nice distraction from thinking about the workout you don't want to be doing...the workout actually seems to be over sooner.
mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home